Ideally situated to explore all that Prince Edward County has to offer, Lightwood House is a beautiful retreat for family and friends
Tucked behind a row of evergreens, Lightwood House enjoys a private, park-like setting minutes from Sandbanks Provincial Park. Its inviting interior mixes eclectic furnishings with artful touches. Outside its sparkling pool and expansive patio beckon on warm summer days while a nearby firepit is the perfect place to cozy up to an evening bonfire.
At 2,200 square feet Lightwood House offers plenty of room to unfold. A bungalow, it features a well-appointed kitchen, sunken living room with wood fireplace, cozy den (with sofa bed), four guestrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and laundry room – all on one floor. Its dining room sits 6 to 10 and opens onto a poolside patio equipped with a gas barbecue and variety of outdoor seating options.
Lightwood House is located in the community of West Lake. The golden sand beaches and hike trails of Sandbanks Provincial Park are a quick 5-minute drive away. Prince Edward County’s main hub of Picton and picturesque Bloomfield – a great place to while away an afternoon – are both just 10 minutes away. The lakeside village of Wellington is less than 20 minutes. Isaiah Tubbs Resort and Westlake Wakeboard School are within walking distance.
2017 DATES / RATES
High season: Friday June 16, 2017 to Friday September 15, 2017
Weekly rental only - Friday to Friday - $3,600
Quiet season: Friday May 5, 2017 to Friday June 16, 2017; and Friday September 15, 2016 to Friday September 29, 2017
Weekly - Friday to Friday - $3,000
3 Nights - $2,300
2 Nights - $2,100
Check-in is at 4:00pm, Check-out is 11:00am. If there are back to back bookings, these times are strict enough to allow enough time for cleaning in between guests. Rental price includes all taxes, linens, towels, air-conditioning, and well-sized kitchen that's stocked with everything from dishes, wine glasses, and cutlery to a coffee maker, KitchenAid mixer and slow cooker. There is a TV, DVD player, Sonos sound system, and Wi-Fi. Please keep in mind that this is a rural area and Wi-Fi is not only limited but the signal is not always as strong (or reliable) as it would be in a big city.
Lightwood House features 4 Bedroom/2.5 Bathrooms + den with sofa bed. Backyard with large open-air swimming pool.
Each bedroom features a spacious closet and is equipped with down pillows, summer weight duvets and cozy blankets. The master suite enjoys its own private bathroom while the other three guestrooms share access to a three-piece bathroom with double sink vanity. There is also a den with a pull-out sofa bed next to a powder room.
- Master Suite – a spacious bedroom with queen bed, walkout access to poolside patio and ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower and a deep freestanding bathtub.
- Bedroom 1 – a spacious bedroom with queen bed, sitting area and access to shared bath facilities.
- Bedroom 2 – a cozy bedroom with queen bed and access to shared bath facilities.
- Bedroom 3 – a cozy bedroom with two twin beds and access to shared bath facilities.
Outdoor swimming pool (unheated) - One of the many highlights of Lightwood House is the backyard, which features a 36’ x 18’ in-ground, chlorinated pool. The pool is suited to all ages, but extra caution must be taken with young children. Please note that the pool is unheated.
What we love:
- The owners are long-time County residents who are happy to share their insider tips with their guests
- The decor is stunning, from the carefully curated art and antiques to the modern Master ensuite where guests can soak in a freestanding bathtub
- Kitchen made for creating family feasts and preparing local farm-sourced food
- From the leafy backyard to the spacious interior, there is no shortage of space
- The proximity to Sandbanks Provincial Park (park pass included with rental) and the many wineries, shops, and restaurants of Prince Edward County make this a perfect home base
Call or e-mail us for more information or to book your stay: email@example.com or 416 366 2777