Ideally situated to explore all that Prince Edward County has to offer, Lightwood House is a beautiful retreat for family and friends
Tucked behind a row of evergreens, Lightwood House enjoys a private, park-like setting minutes from Sandbanks Provincial Park. Its inviting interior mixes eclectic furnishings with artful touches. Outside its sparkling pool and expansive patio beckon on warm summer days while a nearby firepit is the perfect place to cozy up to an evening bonfire.
At 2,200 square feet Lightwood House offers plenty of room to unfold. A bungalow, it features a well-appointed kitchen, sunken living room with wood fireplace, cozy den (with sofa bed), four guestrooms, 2.5 bathrooms and laundry room – all on one floor. Its dining room sits 6 to 10 and opens onto a poolside patio equipped with a gas barbecue and variety of outdoor seating options.
Lightwood House is located in the community of West Lake. The golden sand beaches and hike trails of Sandbanks Provincial Park are a quick 5-minute drive away. Prince Edward County’s main hub of Picton and picturesque Bloomfield – a great place to while away an afternoon – are both just 10 minutes away. The lakeside village of Wellington is less than 20 minutes. Isaiah Tubbs Resort and Westlake Wakeboard School are within walking distance.
SUMMER SALE! Book between June 1 and June 15, 2017 to take advantage of the following special rates:
15% off weekly rental rate (Friday to Friday)
Small group discount - groups of 4 or less receive a reduced weekly rental rate of $2000 (Friday to Friday)
Long Weekend Special - $430 per night (Friday - Monday)
2017 DATES / RATES
High season: Friday June 16, 2017 to Friday September 15, 2017
Weekly rental - Friday to Friday - $3,600
Quiet season: Friday May 5, 2017 to Friday June 16, 2017; and Friday September 15, 2016 to Friday September 29, 2017
Weekly - Friday to Friday - $3,000
3 Nights - $2,300
2 Nights - $2,100
Check-in is at 4:00pm, Check-out is 11:00am. If there are back to back bookings, these times are strict enough to allow enough time for cleaning in between guests. Rental price includes all taxes, linens, towels, air-conditioning, and well-sized kitchen that's stocked with everything from dishes, wine glasses, and cutlery to a coffee maker, KitchenAid mixer and slow cooker. There is a TV, DVD player, Sonos sound system, and Wi-Fi. Please keep in mind that this is a rural area and Wi-Fi is not only limited but the signal is not always as strong (or reliable) as it would be in a big city.
Lightwood House features 4 Bedroom/2.5 Bathrooms + den with sofa bed. Backyard with large open-air swimming pool.
Each bedroom features a spacious closet and is equipped with down pillows, summer weight duvets and cozy blankets. The master suite enjoys its own private bathroom while the other three guestrooms share access to a three-piece bathroom with double sink vanity. There is also a den with a pull-out sofa bed next to a powder room.
- Master Suite – a spacious bedroom with queen bed, walkout access to poolside patio and ensuite bathroom with walk-in shower and a deep freestanding bathtub.
- Bedroom 1 – a spacious bedroom with queen bed, sitting area and access to shared bath facilities.
- Bedroom 2 – a cozy bedroom with queen bed and access to shared bath facilities.
- Bedroom 3 – a cozy bedroom with two twin beds and access to shared bath facilities.
Outdoor swimming pool (unheated) - One of the many highlights of Lightwood House is the backyard, which features a 36’ x 18’ in-ground, chlorinated pool. The pool is suited to all ages, but extra caution must be taken with young children. Please note that the pool is unheated.
What we love:
- The owners are long-time County residents who are happy to share their insider tips with their guests
- The decor is stunning, from the carefully curated art and antiques to the modern Master ensuite where guests can soak in a freestanding bathtub
- Kitchen made for creating family feasts and preparing local farm-sourced food
- From the leafy backyard to the spacious interior, there is no shortage of space
- The proximity to Sandbanks Provincial Park (park pass included with rental) and the many wineries, shops, and restaurants of Prince Edward County make this a perfect home base
Call or e-mail us for more information or to book your stay: firstname.lastname@example.org or 416 366 2777