Ready to start planning? Ours is a very collaborative and complete process that progresses from our first conversation to your welcome home. Here's what you can expect:
- Consultation - At this stage, we'll lay the groundwork for the final design of your trip. An initial discussion by phone determines exactly what sort of travel experience you'd like, where and when you’d like to travel, and your ideal budget range. Based on our discussion, we formulate some preliminary ideas and suggestions. We'll also tell you about our Trip Design Fee, a charge that recognizes our destination knowledge and the logistical expertise required to plan a trip. It's a per trip amount, which will be communicated to you before any deposits are collected. For 2 travellers we charge $1,000 for a trip of up to 2 weeks in duration, $1,500 for 3 weeks, and $2,000 for 4 weeks. For groups of 3 - 10 travellers, we charge $1,800 for up to 2 weeks of travel, $2,200 for 3 weeks, and $2,600 for 4 weeks. The fee for trips with more than 10 people and/or lasting more than 4 weeks is assessed on a case-by-case basis.
- Green Light - You give us the "green light" to proceed with designing your trip and send us a signed copy of our Traveller Agreement and Terms & Conditions. We collect a non-refundable deposit ($500) which will be applied towards your trip.
- Itinerary Design - Together we work on building the framework of your itinerary. We discuss ideal flights and accommodation and provide advice on the overall flow of the trip, which includes how many nights you’ll spend in each place. Hotel choices and transportation decisions (planes, trains, automobiles, and so on) are made and we discuss the types of activities you can do when you get there. Our aim is to land on an initial itinerary with an approximate trip price. Once you give us the go-ahead, we start making reservations and confirming arrangements. We also collect a deposit that totals 30% of the estimated trip price.
- Filling in the Blanks - Here we get to share with you some of our favourite people, places, and things to do and see. Tell us how much or how little you’d like to do and we build in the tailor-made excursions and hands-on experiences to make your trip memorable. We steer you to our favourite restaurants, cafes, wine bars, bakeries, vineyards, and gelaterie (yes, we love to eat and drink) and make any necessary reservations in advance. If you choose to do more or less than what we discussed at the Itinerary Design stage, there may be changes to the trip price.
- The Finished Product - When you are happy with the trip, we reconfirm the arrangements and reservations and email you a confirmed itinerary. We collect full payment between 90 - 60 days prior to the start of your trip (for last minute trips, full payment comes sooner.) A few weeks prior to your departure, you receive a tailor-made trip package that includes all the need-to-knows about your trip, important phone numbers at your destination, and some of our suggestions for places you might want to discover while you're away. This information is sent to you electronically and in hard copy.
- Bon voyage - The adventure begins and those well-laid plans unfold. We keep tabs on you from behind-the-scenes, but we also know that you may need our help from the road. You have our contact details at every step of the journey, from the time you depart to the time you walk back through your front door; call upon us any time and we can trouble shoot from afar.
Quench Trip Design Ltd. and all travel companies that are located in the province of Ontario, Canada are required to register with the Travel Industry Council of Ontario (TICO) and contribute to the Ontario Travel Industry Compensation Fund. The Compensation Fund compensates consumers, regardless of place of residence, who have paid for, but did not receive travel services because of the bankruptcy or insolvency of a registered Ontario agent or due to the failure of an airline, hotel or cruise line.
Quench Trip Design Ltd. is registered under the Ontario Travel Industry Act, 2002. TICO Registration Number: