Launch into your summer vacation with an active adventure in Spain and France. Begin with a few days exploring the cobbled alleyways, whimsical architecture and decadent cuisine of Barcelona. Of the many trip highlights, you will sail from the glamorous harbour for a one-hour cruise in a luxury yacht, which offers a unique perspective of this vibrant city. From Barcelona, travel by train and car to the other side of the Pyrennees and into France. Settle in for 4 nights in a family-sized cottage at Château Canet in the heart of the Languedoc Roussillon. This traditional 19th century wine estate is considered one of the leading domaines of the Minervois region, and a perfect base to explore the area in a more adventurous manner. From here, cycle the Canal du Midi, climb to the imposing Cathar Castles, explore the medieval walled town of Carcassonne and kayak the Aude River. At the end of each day, return to unwind at the pool and indulge in a sumptuous meal. It's the perfect way to kick off the season, immersed in the European lifestyle while discovering a fascinating, off-beat corner of France.
Dates: Contact us for available 2017 dates
Price starts from €9,235 for a family of 4, with 2 adults and 2 kids in a 2-bedroom cottage
- Private transfer from Barcelona airport to hotel upon arrival
- 3 nights accommodation in a boutique hotel in the centre of historic Barcelona
- Privately guided walking tour of Barcelona
- Exclusive one-hour cruise from Barcelona harbour in a luxurious yacht
- Privately guided tapas tour through Barcelona with a resident foodie
- 4 nights accommodation in a family cottage at Château Canet
- Privately guided tour of the enchanting medieval town of Carcassonne
- The use of rental bikes tailored to your comfort, including helmets, maps, suggested routes and a private cycling guide with van support for one full day
- A chance to try out "Acro Branch", a rope course set up in the trees surrounding Lac de la Cavayère, a man made lake 20 minutes from Château Canet.
- Leisurely kayak down the Aude River to a scenic picnic spot
- Incredible local cuisine prepared at Château Canet and a "kids' night" featuring a specially designed treasure hunt and home-made French “crepes” for dinner.
- Stunning hiking trails from Château Canet to several beautiful villages
- Exclusive cellar tour at the vineyard with a chance to taste Château Canet's best vintages
- Accompaniment of your hosts Victoria and Floris Lemstra
- Airport pick-up in Barcelona
- 3 nights accommodation in a luxury boutique hotel in Barcelona including breakfast
- Privately guided tour of Barcelona (your choice between the Modernist or the Medieval highlights)
- Private yacht tour of Barcelona harbour
- 4 nights in a cottage at Château Canet, including a breakfast hamper delivered daily with fresh bread and pastries
- Your bicycle rental (including helmets and water bottles) with suggested bike rides for every day with route notes & maps
- A dedicated bike guide and support vehicle for the bikers
- Privately guided tour of Carcassonne
- Entrance to the Cathar site at Lastours and a picnic lunch
- 2 dinners with wine & drinks for the kids
- 3 lunches with wine & drinks for the kids
- A special “Canet Kids Night" with a crepe-making session and dinner
- Kayaking on the Aude river with picnic lunch
- Acro Branch rope course
- A cellar tour and wine tasting with your hosts
- Access to all the domain facilities including the swimming pool and tennis court
- Car rental and/or train travel between France and Spain and for the duration of time at Château Canet is not included. We recommend taking the train from Barcelona to Narbonne or Carcassonne and then renting a car for the remainder of your stay.
- International flights can be booked to arrive in Barcelona and depart from Toulouse.
Call or e-mail us for more information or to reserve your spot, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or 416 366 2777